Friday, April 17, 2009

About REVOLVER...

I started Revolver in 1976 as a mimeographed Beatles fanzine for my friends in junior high, nearly all of whom were Beatles fans. As I went through high school, it became more of a general rock and roll 'zine... and over the next 15 years or so, I wrote them occasionally when I felt like I had something to say about music and records. I wrote and distributed a lot of them between 1988 and 1995, when I was focussing on my singer-songwriter stuff, but over the last ten years, I found myself writing fewer and fewer of these.

Lately, though, I've felt a little more settled, and getting into my music more again both as a listener and a performer/songwriter... hence, this blog. The blog format suits Revolver perfectly. In the Olde Days, when I got an idea for Revolver, I felt like I had to save it until I got SEVERAL ideas, or at least enough ideas to justify going to the trouble and expense of typing and copying a whole new issue of my 'zine. With a blog, though, I can post ideas and reviews and news as they come to me, and add to them if I want. (And you can comment, too.)

So, here's the new Revolver: a continuation and refinement of the old, and an exploration of the new. I hope you get as much out of it as I do.

--Max Shenk

1 Comments:

Blogger NYC TAXI SHOTS said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home